Are you in need of some lifestyle blog post ideas? When I first started blogging I found it very difficult to come up with blog post ideas about the 6th week into my project.
If you are like me you may have experienced this before and you suddenly realised that you have nothing to say 24 hours before the post is due.
Depending on your niche you may experience this challenge every few weeks, every couple of months or at least once a year.
What do you do when you find yourself face to face with the possibility of failure? How would your readers feel?
Can you do anything to overcome the challenge and to prevent it from ever happening again? Okay, it is not as bad as a broken bone but it can certainly cause panic attacks.
After all, you have committed to this blogging gig but now you have no idea what to write that will add value to the lives of your reader.
Many bloggers struggle with this dilemma. What’s worse than not having anything to write is not writing on a topic of interest that will drive traffic.
In this post, I have created a list of 200+ lifestyle blog post ideas. This is very beneficial for bloggers in the lifestyle niche.
What Is A Lifestyle Blog
A lifestyle blog is just a blog that incorporates articles about day to day life. In other words, blog posts about life in general.
I have reason to believe that bloggers in the lifestyle niche have an easier task compared to bloggers in other niches.
This is because with lifestyle blog ideas you can write about almost anything that comes to mind. In fact, there is very little that is excluded from the lifestyle niche.
It is, therefore, easier to come up with a list of lifestyle blog post ideas that can fill up your content calendar for a whole year.
The other top 9 niches that exist include:
- Personal Finance
As you can see from the popular blog topics list above a lifestyle blogger can write about things in these other 9 niches quite easily.
The difference here is that trending lifestyle topics will normally not go into great depth or spend as much time on these other topics.
To help you overcome your panic attack or challenge about what to write next I have taken some time to come up with a list of ideas.
This list of over 200 lifestyle blog post ideas will help you to look like a professional blogger in no time.
Yes, it will involve you doing some research in some instances but at least the hardest part of what to write next is there for you to use.
Here is that list of lifestyle blog ideas.
1. How to manage work-life balance
2. The best blogging advice you ever received
3. The worst advice you received as a teenager
4. What to buy for a boy that has everything
5. What to buy for a girl that has everything
6. Great housewarming gift ideas
7. Cute gift ideas for a baby shower
8. The best mobile apps for bloggers
9. The most efficient apps for entrepreneurs
10. The best tropical vacation spots for a location-independent family
11. The top 5 destinations with 1st class wifi for bloggers
12. Your 10 worst blogging mistakes
13. 5 quick Pinterest marketing tips
14. How Tailwind changed your blog for good
15. 10 work from home jobs generating over $2,000 a month
16. 5 quick healthy snacks for the work from home mom
17. How to ace meal planning in 10 steps
18. 10 must have tools that bloggers cannot live without
19. 5 reasons to start a blog today
20. 7 Ski resorts that are family friendly for the busy blogger
Plan Your Blog Like a Boss, even if you...
21. 5 must have podcasting tools for the savvy podcaster
22. 10 DIY gifts that say I love you to that special someone
23. Your 20 minute make up routine that gives stunning results
24. 7 DIY ideas to have the perfect summer for kids
25. 5 reasons why you should not start a blog
26. 10 ways to fall in love with blogging and still make money
27. 11 tools you need to write, publish and market your first book
28. How to avoid writer’s block every single time
29. The secret to writing 1,000 words every day as a blogger
30. How to take gorgeous DIY photos for your blog
31. How to create a content plan for 365 days in one hour
32. The secret to saving $500 every month on a single income
33. 11 DIY secrets to making your home look stunning every single time
34. Secrets to becoming a digital nomad in 12 months or less
35. How to have a fabulous holiday on an ultra-low budget
36. 7 secrets to packing super light for a 2-week holiday
37. The 5 books that saved you 10 hours every week
38. How to feed a family of 7 on less than 7 dollars a day
39. How one family paid off $100,000 in debt in 12 months
40. Your 5 favourite blogs in a niche and why
41. The 5 gadgets that savvy bloggers use to generate 6-figure incomes
42. The number one secret of Tailwind that nobody is telling you
43. 5 places to get grants as a startup
44. Mason jar projects that create adorable gifts
45. The 5 fastest growing niches in blogging
46. How to help your teenager to read more books on success
47. 10 x 3 ingredient recipes that you can make this week
48. How to comfortably live in a van as a nomad
49. How to successfully travel around the world in 12 months on a low budget
50. 7 amazing DIY home remedies to recover from common ailments
Plan Your Blog Like a Boss, even if you...
Next 51 – 100
51. How to use essential oils to improve your self-care routine
52. 7 secrets about candles that no one is telling you
53. The best DIY home office tricks to increase efficiency
54. How to optimise the time you have to increase results
55. The good, bad and ugly of time management that you need to know
56. Your favourite tools for blogging
57. Your favourite tools for social media management
58. The single trick that you use to increase your blog growth
59. 10 things on your blogging bucket list and why
60. 10 places you need to go in the next 3 years and why
61. The best family vacation in your state, county or country
62. All about your trip to the North Pole
63. 7 reasons why everyone needs to visit Alaska
64. Your experience zip lining
65. Your trip to the middle east
66. The best way to travel on the Transylvanian railway
67. 10 best places to visit in India
68. What you pack in your gym bag and why
69. The top essentials items in your handbag for successful day
70. 10 things that you cannot live without
71. 7 ways to become a minimalist
72. 10 benefits of frugal living for families
73. Everything you need to know about building an underground bunker
74. 7 reasons you should consider living off the grid
75. How to successfully live off the grid in a country
76. 7 ways to declutter your entire home in 21 days or less
77. 11 must-have items to help you declutter your kitchen/bedroom
78. How to develop a routine to help you save time with meal planning
77. 10 things you need to pack in your hospital bag
78. 7 things you learned after having your first baby
79. How to use lighting in your home to improve well being
80. How to use mirrors in your home to make it look more spacious
81. The one thing that everyone needs to use to improve storage in small spaces
82. What to do to help you improve your morning routine
83. 3 exercises that 6-figure bloggers use to remain healthy
84. The good, bad and ugly about the Keto diet
85. The good, bad and ugly about the Paleo diet
86. How to easily transition over to a Keto diet
87. How to easily transition over to a Paleo diet
88. The truth about lifestyle blogging that every new blogger needs to know
89. The best, healthy breakfast that is simple to prepare that your children will love
90. The one thing you need to check before purchasing your next foundation
91. Top 10 DIY party ideas
92. Why SEO is important for bloggers
93. How to make delicious vegan sushi from scratch every time
94. The 5 appliances that will save hours off your cooking time
95. How to successfully enable Pinterest rich pins on a WordPress blog
96. The top 10 motivational videos of all time
97. Why you need a planner as a blogger and how to choose one
98. How to get your kids excited about household chores
99. How to create a capsule wardrobe for you and your entire family
100. The best website for finding cheap accommodation in Europe
101. The best websites for finding cheap flights to Southeast Asia
102. The 3 secret and natural ingredients that enhance the flavour of your dishes
103. How to get your child to eat everything in their lunchbox every day
104. 5 things that are being done the wrong way generation after generation
105. The best travel advice for digital nomads
106. Awesome packing essentials for backpackers
107. Not ready for cloth diapers? Use this instead.
108. The best things to pack to stay under 50lbs in weight
109. How to live on $20 a week as a single person
110. 11 energy saving tips to keep electricity under budget
111. 7 ways to keep your lips moisturised for 8 hours
112. 5 secrets to looking good for fashion shoots every time
113. Review a blogging course you did
114. Do a review of a Pinterest course
115. 7 tips for getting the most out of DIY food photography
116. How to collaborate with other bloggers in your niche
117. Your results from collaborating with other bloggers
118. 7 Chrome extensions to improve blogging success
119. The best resources for lifestyle bloggers
120. 5 SEO tools that are essential to blogging success
121. How to make $100 a day as a lifestyle blogger
122. The best
123. The best
124. The best careers for extreme introverts
125. Awesome crockpot meals for busy bloggers
126. How to use a curling wand to get the show-stopping hair
127. Best outfits for first dates
128. The truth about deodorant with aluminium
129. The best natural deodorant for the body conscious
130. The ultimate storage device that can be used in every room
131. How to get the DIY antique look for under $100
132. The truth about bottled water that everyone needs to know
133. How to get ultimate flat lay photos that make you stand out
134. 7 best places to get free stock photos for any niche
135. The ultimate, gorgeous stock photo membership that’s worth every penny
136. What to do about your child that is still scared of the dark
137. How to get your teenager to read ‘boring’ books
138. How to save on the cost of storing your photos for the long-term
139. The best mindset for bloggers
140. How to get more done in less time when it comes to marketing
141. Save hours of work as a blogger using this one thing
142. How to create your own online course
143. 10 tips to launch your course successfully
144. 5 places to have an amazing weekend away
145. Talk about who you would switch places for a day and why
146. The best vegetables to use in your food and why
147. 10 places you need to add to your bucket list and why
148. 10 things to do before you die
149. 10 least visited places in the world
150. How to save energy even on snowy days in the mountains
151-203 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
151. 7 things to do to get the most out of Summer
152. 11 ideas for 4th of July celebrations
153. How to prepare your home and family for an emergency
154. Leave your 9 to 5 in less than a year doing this
155. Create stunning images for your marketing using these tools
156. How to start your DIY shop using Etsy or Shopify
157. How to start your own online boutique
158. How to be more productive as a stay at home mom
159. 5 life hacks for bloggers
160. life hacks for women
161. life hacks for men
162. Best movies for couples
163. Best movies for teens
164. Best movies for kids
165. Make a glossary of popular terms for your audience
166. Why Mac is better than PC for bloggers
167. 7 tips for a more comfortable home office
168. How to become a brand influencer
169. 11 awesome ideas to prolong the life of old photos
170. How to save $2,000 on your wedding
171. 7 best places to have a low budget wedding
172. 3 advantages to choosing elopement
173. How to cater to picky wedding guests
174. How to get kids off their devices and into the garden frequently
175. 11 best lamps to make your house a beautiful home
176. The best healthy great tasting alternative to juice
177. How to help your young adults to settle into college
178. Easily get your kids to make money for their college fund using this
179. Make a list of cheaper alternatives to expensive brands
180. Set up a home office for under $500
181. 5 ways to generate traffic to your blog
182. Best Instagram hashtags
183. Top Facebook groups for lifestyle bloggers
184. List your goals for your blogging journey
185. 10 cheapest places to live in the world for solopreneurs
186. The best cities for work-life balance as a blogger
187. Top 10 gadgets that every family needs for country living
188. Top 5 gadgets that every blogger needs to travel to Asia
189. The safest place in the world for a family holiday
190. The cheapest place in the world to live a digital nomad family
191. The best places to find the cutest outfits for kids
192. Awesome outfits for Mompreneurs at ridiculously low prices
193. 10 reasons to travel around Europe
194. 7 reasons why every family should visit Iceland
195. The cutest lunchboxes for kids
196. How to streamline your blogging tasks for success
197. 7 things you need to stop doing for your blog to grow
198. How to get more eyeballs on your post after clicking publish
199. The best phone cases for intense outdoor activity
200. Ultimate daily blog checklist
201. Why your blog needs an email list
202. How to create a landing page
203. How to start selling ebooks on your blog
What To Do With These Lifestyle Blog Ideas
As you can see many of these lifestyle blog ideas are quite practical as you may not need to do any research.
They can often be fun blog post ideas as well as lifestyle topics to discuss everyday challenges.
Others will require you to find 3-5 sources of information, read them and write a summary of what you have learned to share with others.
It is important that you don’t just write for the sake of writing but that you spend some time thinking about the reader.
With every blog post, it is important to add value to the lives of your reader. Enabling them to improve on areas of their life.
Spend some time looking at what others have written on the same or similar topic. Then ask yourself how you can do it better.
Many times you can do a challenge at home for yourself and report on your findings. An example of this is saving time or money.
Give the reader a reason to share your post with others. It is also important for you to market your post effectively so that you can reach a wider audience.
Need a planner to help you plan your blog like a boss? Grab the Ultimate Blog Planner by entering your name and email address below.
Plan Your Blog Like a Boss, even if you...
You should not need to experience writer’s block again as a lifestyle blogger now that you have this resource of lifestyle topics to write.
Spend some time thinking of what you already know and write about those first. You can then venture into the lesser-known topics when you have more time.
The beauty of these ideas is that you can easily double this list to 400 ideas by adding your own slant or twist on things.
Try as much as possible to write an evergreen post. In other words, one that will not become dated in a short amount of time.
Feel free to come back every time you feel stuck again so that you can get inspiration. Over to you what challenges do you experience when it comes to blogging?
Remember to subscribe to the Success Unscrambled Podcast where you will be the first to hear what’s happening in the entrepreneurial and digital marketing world.
Your positive review of this podcast is vital to keeping it alive and running for the next 12 – 24 months so please leave a positive review for us on iTunes, Spotify or any of your favourite podcast players.
If you are a startup or small business and you need to hire a virtual assistant to complete tasks such as social media marketing, blogging, keyword research or Pinterest account management then take a look at these packages.
Alvern is an avid blogger for 10 years and the host of the Success Unscrambled podcast.
Read Alvern’s inspiring story from her eye-opening experience 3 years ago to becoming a Blogger and Podcaster with a dream to reduce illiteracy among women.